Scot had a wonderful teaching last night on The Power of Pentecost to Fellowship.
These were the three main points he made.
1.The Dots of Fellowship.
Follow the dots in Luke and you will realize how important the church was in the live, death and ressurection of Jesus.
2. The Day of Fellowship.
When Pentcost happens a church is born and the first sign of the church is fellowship.
3. The Details of Fellowship.
The details of this fellowship are:
(a) ECONOMICS – Everybody had everything in common. There were no needy persons among them.
(b) PUBLIC – They met in public places not only in small cozy groups.
(c) SOCIAL – They ate together. Just as Jesus invited the wrong people to dinner.
Five Characteristics of people who live through Pentecost:
1. LOOK with God’s eyes and see the need around them.
2. LISTEN with God’s ears in order to hear the need of people.
3. LEARN what the needs in the community are.
4. LOCALLY focussed. Nobody is called to be everything for everyone everywhere. The beste place to make the biggest difference is local.
5. LINK – People living through Pentecost actually engage with people in need – even people in need of friendship.
But.. maybe you must listen to Scot teach about The Power of Pentecost to Fellowship.